American Values Investments, Inc. was founded in 1996, by Carter LeCraw (under the name LeCraw Investment Management) with a desire to help individuals and families apply Biblical principles to their finances. As a result, Carter was faced with the decision of how to invest client funds in a way that was in keeping with those principles. He noticed that the predominant theme with the socially responsible and even faith-based investing strategies was an “avoidance strategy”. In other words, the focus was more on the industries and companies in which NOT to invest. He felt a more positive and inspirational approach was needed. Therefore, with the help of Glen Yelton, an army intelligence veteran, extensive research was begun in an attempt to uncover those public companies in America that BEST reflected Judeo Christian/Biblical values. We called the ones we found “American Hero Companies”.
This positive/pro-active approach attracted a number of highly qualified professionals in the areas of research, sales, operations, and investments. It also attracted investment capital from some influential corporate executives, which allowed the company to expand.
In 2002, the name was changed to American Values Investments in order to incorporate a patriotic focus. Carter believes that America, including the values she represents and the freedoms we enjoy, are critical for us and the world. Today, through our American Hero Portfolios, patriotic Americans can make a positive impact on our country by investing directly in stocks of companies, that we believe, best reflect Timeless American (Biblical) values.
Our team is grateful for the many years we have been supported by our clients, investors, employees and shareholders. We look forward to a bright future for our company, our stakeholders and, most importantly, our country. God Bless America.
Our goal is to provide any patriotic American the opportunity to invest in stocks of companies that best reflect the timeless values (Biblical) that have made America exceptional.
By investing in American Hero Companies, you will be:
- Defending and advancing the Biblical values, like integrity, caring and courage, that have made America exceptional.
- I am an undiluted admirer of American values and the American dream and I believe they will continue to inspire not just the people of the United States but millions across the face of the globe. -Margaret Thatcher
- Helping America by supporting the companies that are having a significantly positive impact on America.
- Little progress can be made by merely attempting to repress what is evil; our great hope lies in developing what is good. -Calvin Coolidge
- Providing yourself and your family the potential to benefit financially from the expected (but not guaranteed) long-term growth of American Hero Companies.
- The citizen is a better businessman if he is a Christian gentleman, and, surely, business is not the less prosperous and successful if conducted on Christian principles. -Grover Cleveland
- Helping pass freedom to the next generation.
- “Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom”. Benjamin Franklin